We made it one full week. She went to a birthday party yesterday and a play-date today. Both were in the comfort of a home, thankfully. I do not think I am ready for public restrooms. The potty fits like a glove in the back of my SUV. We have a multicolored blanket for privacy and books for her reading pleasure.
Perks of a DIAPER FREE home:
1. No more awful diaper changes.
2. More money to save.
3. Building her independence.
As she grows, I enjoy watching her take each step. I’m not the mom that cries at sight of their little one transitioning. I love the determination in her eyes and the glow in her face when she conquers an obstacle. She exudes a confidence that can be stifled if I am not supportive.
1. We use pull-ups overnight/outings and panties for naps.
2. She drinks the majority of her daily liquids between potty trip #1 and 1pm.
3. She potties twice - once an hour before nap.
4. Her last drink is with dinner (around six).
5. Bedtime routine:
a. Potty 2x between 6-8:30.
b. Bath time – 8:30.
c. Last Potty – 9pm.
She cries wolf while falling to sleep. We have to make at least one more trip to ensure she stays dry. So far, she has not used the potty again and wakes with a dry pull-up.
This has been one of the busiest times in my life. Like most Mamas, big transitions are done when you think there’s absolutely NO way.
I will place a check mark in this box and move on!
Closing this chapter,