Instead of giving my daughter store bought processed snacks, I have chosen a healthier route by making her snacks. Pinterest is my go-to for finding unique snack ideas, but I also take into consideration what my little one likes to eat and create healthier alternatives for particular foods. For example, my daughter is big fan of frozen treats so I found different ways to take advantage of this, while sneaking some extra fruit into her diet. She is eating a healthy homemade snack option that both satisfies her taste buds and helps me provide essential vitamins and nutrients for my baby girl.
My goal for the summer is to encourage my daughter to eat more fruits and vegetables, so I want to share eight snack recipes that are enjoyable and healthy for our little ones to eat.
1. Peanut Butter and Apples: This classic snack can be jazzed up by adding raisins and/or granola.
2. Fruit Kabobs: You can mix and match your child’s favorite fruits with this simple snack
3. Grilled Cheese Roll Ups: Revamp the regular grill cheese sandwich for a fun roll up.
4. Carrots and Celery: A simple but healthy snack, you could even add a dipping sauce of the side.
5. Frozen Banana Pops: This snack is a good alternative for popsicles. You can dip your banana bites in dark chocolate to add a little sweetness.
6. Celery with Peanut Butter and Raisins: An after-school favorite “Ants on a Log” can be a fun snack to make with your children.
7. Cheese and Crackers: Another simple snack but a healthier option instead of a Lunchable.
8. Frozen Yogurt Dots: This is a great snack to beat the heat and fun for kids to help make and eat.
Please enjoy and share these amazing snacks and don’t forget to follow my Pinterest Board for more ideas.