Each year, we promised to be done shopping by now, have the kids' toys purged, family photos planned and dinner menus crafted. YET, small things like Youth Soccer League and Kindergarten have taken up more time than anticipated:
- Soccer takes more energy for Moms than kids.
- Home-school Pre-k to local Kindergarten is a *huuuuuuge* (insert D. Trump voice) transition.
- Adding hobbies to the Soccer season can be fatal.
- 3 year olds may watch planes fly overhead during soccer game.
- Shin guards itch, are not easy to find in little kid sizes and get lost every Saturday morning.
- Soccer cleats should come in BOGO so Mom can protect her toes.
(Overzealous, yes! Practical, maybe):
- Plan holiday family dinners - location, time and menu.
- Pick out family card outfits NOW.
- Schedule Christmas card pictures, determine recipients and prepare to mail by 12/1.
- Purge all toy and learning stations to give away by Week 3 of November, have kids participate.
- Decide Christmas decor/lights and tree position, take inventory and set-up on 11/29.
- Schedule holiday festivities and purchase tickets in advance.
- Do not overbook!
While it's a scary time, the amazing memories, days of gratitude and lessons we are teaching remind us that we wouldn't be the wives, moms, sisters, daughters without the frantic times of 11/1 to 1/1.
How do you manage when your calendar takes a hit?